Counter

Saturday, February 5, 2011

WHAT GOOGLE SEES, GOD SEES BETTER


One of the features I enjoy on the Internet is Google maps. II figures because I've loved maps since I was very young. When my mom bought our family a set of World Book encyclopedias, I was in map heaven. If you’re not aware of Google maps (Bing.com maps aren’t bad either), prepare to be amazed. Google has added an option called “street view” to its site. With “street view” you place the icon on the street of your choice and you will have a 360 degree view. It’s like taking a vacation without leaving your home.

So, yesterday I was watching a fishing show on TV, which had been filmed in Suriname. I knew it was in South America, but not much more than that. With my laptop nearby, I went to Google maps and searched for Suriname. I focused on a remote region of the country near the Amazon jungle and then zoomed in. I spotted what appeared to be a dirt road and decided to zoom in even more and follow the road to see where it would lead. I followed it for several minutes until the road appeared to reach dead end. Guess where? In a small clearing with four huts! I was shocked by my discovery. I wondered to myself if I was the first person to zoom in on the little village. Are the villagers even aware they can be seen by Google’s eye in the sky, a high-tech satellite with the capacity to take pictures? 

Today I was thinking about my adventure to Suriname. I reflected on the people living in the four huts. Even though they may not be aware anyone in the outside world knows they exist, Google knows. And now I do! 

The Google satellites circle earth from a perspective which is only exceeded by God. What Google sees, God sees. These two verses describe what God sees:

2 Chronicles 16:9 NLT “The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Psalm 33:18 NIV But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love…

You may be in a place today where you feel very alone and forgotten. I want to remind you, the eyes of the LORD are upon you. He knows your name and he knows your need. He knows where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment