Counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SOMETIME THERE'S MISUNDERSTANDING

In a recent blog I made a passionate appeal regarding the creative power of the Holy Spirit. (October 31~CREATURES OF COMFORT AND FANS OF THE FAMILIAR) It’s been brought to my attention by several godly men that some of the words I chose in expressing my passion were offensive to several people. It certainly wasn’t my desire to offend anyone. The blog post on October 31 was a continuation of one I had started on October 28: STARBUCKS AND PEOPLE OF THE SPIRIT. (As some of you are aware we had an important meeting at our church on October 30, which seems to be a key factor in this misunderstanding.) Since I don’t know the specific identity of those I offended I have to trust what I’ve been told, which is that my most egregious choice of words was the phrase, “What a shame!” If I understand correctly this was interpreted to mean, “Shame on you!” This definitely wasn’t my intent. 

I have no way of knowing whether you are creatively and obediently walking in the spiritual gifts, anointing and calling God has placed upon your life. That’s between you and the God who made you. When I said, “What a shame” I meant in the sense of it being unfortunate any of us would live below what God desires, or another way of expressing it’s a loss to the kingdom of God. “Shame” was a poor word choice, and for that I apologize. I want God’s best for myself and others, and I believe He desires to do supernatural things in and through our lives, especially in these last days, like it says in Acts 2:17.

Like many people, I deal with issues like inferiority, insecurity and other intimidating emotions; not as much as when I was younger, but it still influences my life. One of the major parts of spiritual growth is moving beyond these limiting emotions and beginning to explore the full expression of everything good God the Spirit has placed in us and planned for us. Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

 If you are one of those I offended, I hope you’ll receive this apology. If it would help to talk more about this, please give me a call and we’ll go have coffee. I’ll buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment