Counter

Monday, April 18, 2011

WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED


Yesterday I had someone share a story with me which I want to share with all of you. On Sunday, April 10, I showed a video clip called, “Mandate to Satan” (http://vimeo.com/7332829). The clip ended with the statement: “Satan, get off my property!” So, about midweek, one of the guys in the church was talking to a friend. The conversation went in a direction where it was presenting my friend with a temptation. God has been doing a great work in his life, but none of us are so spiritual that we don’t have to deal with temptation. He said he thought to himself, “I don’t want to be talking about this!” Just then his phone indicated he was receiving a text message. He checked the message, which was from his wife, and all it said was: “Satan, get off my property!” The conversation ended and my friend was able to later talk to his wife, so he asked her: “Why did you text me when you did?” Her response: “I was talking to someone, and something just told me to text you.” So, she did! 

Between Sunday and Wednesday there are over 4,300 minutes which click by. What are the chances at just the time my friend needed a reminder from God his wife sends him a text message? I have no idea of the math involved but to me this story is an amazing statement of God’s love for one of his children. God wants us to win in the battle against the world, the flesh and Satan. God wants to give us all the strength we need, when we need it. God wants to gives us His Word to hold on to when temptation comes.

2 Peter 1:3-4 NIV “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”

“His divine power has given us everything we need…” which includes placing people in our life who listen to God and share with us an encouraging word, at just the right time. I want to be open to be that kind of person in someone’s life today.


“To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning And Your faithfulness by night.” Psalm 92:2 NAS

No comments:

Post a Comment