Counter

Monday, April 25, 2011

SOMEONE IS WATCHING YOU!


I am not a huge online shopper but I’ve been known to occasionally purchase something via Amazon or Ebay or another online retailer. I love a great deal and to save money. I’ve made enough purchases via these websites they now send me emails to recommend items I may want to buy. It’s kind of creepy to think that my purchases and preferences are being tracked. There was a story in the news last week regarding the capability of iPhones and Smartphones to track and record everywhere a person goes. I’m not sure why this was such a big surprise, except maybe the fact phone companies are saving the data on each user.  

This seems like a good time to turn to Isaiah 40 and for each of us to be reminded that what online retailers and cell phone companies have begun doing in recent years, our everlasting Creator has been doing for eternity:

Verses 25-31 (New Living Translation)
25 "’To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?’ asks the Holy One. 26 Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out one after another, calling each by its name. And he counts them to see that none are lost or have strayed away. 27 O Israel, how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles? How can you say God refuses to hear your case? 28 Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. 29 He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. 30 Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. 31 But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”

This may be a rainy Monday but I think it’s encouraging to be reminded God knows us by name, he knows everything going on in our lives, and he is near to give us the strength we need to “fly high” today.

No comments:

Post a Comment