Counter

Saturday, March 12, 2011

WILL THINGS EVER CHANGE?


The fact that I haven’t posted a blog since Tuesday is an indication of what type of week I’ve had. A few words to describe the past few days: INTENSE; STRESSFUL; and RELENTLESS. Even with everything going on, Friday closed out on a positive note. I was  ble to try out a new restaurant (Jalapenos for local readers) with three friends, while our wives are at the Beth Moore event in Tacoma. 

Yesterday afternoon, as I drove to a graveside service, I passed over the Nooksack River. The water resembled something like chocolate milk. As someone who enjoys fishing, I always look to see if the river is in “fishable” condition, even when I don’t have time to get out. When I see the river looking like it did yesterday, all mucky and muddy, it causes me to wonder if the water will ever recede and clear. The answer, as we all know, is yes! Give it several days of cooling temps and drier weather and the river will return to its more normal color, which is a shade of green in the lower section. 

When we go through those times when the pace and pressure of life is bordering on out-of-control, which only means it’s beyond our control, we wonder if things will ever return to normal. Will the chaos ever clear? On about Wednesday of this week, things seemed like they couldn’t be any more intense. I was uncertain how I would navigate around what seemed like insurmountable obstacles. When Job described his circumstances in 10:17, he said it felt like “wave upon wave” (NIV) was moving against him. Of course, he was still mired somewhere in his time of tribulation. He didn’t know how and he didn’t know when things would begin to get better, and he was so overwhelmed with despair, he really wondered if they would ever change.

I am so thankful for God’s grace gifts, his love, wisdom, strength and peace. John 1:16 says, For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.” (NAS) When life seems to be bringing us “wave upon wave” of tribulation, and things are going from clear to chaotic, that’s when our loving God sends his “grace upon grace.” I pray that the God of all comfort and compassion will infuse your spirit with His Spirit today. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5) Change is coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment